The East Longmeadow Recreation Department offers soccer programs for children at all levels. We hope that through multiple offerings we have the correct team and league for your child. See below information and as always contact us with any questions!
2016 Travel Soccer Team Rosters
Recreation Soccer Program Information
Grades Pre-K - 12
Recreation Soccer Program based on the participant’s grade in the fall.
If sufficient numbers register in Co-ed groups they will be separated by gender. Programs will be played using modified rules. Playoff games will be held for Grades 3 - 12 each fall.
Registration will be taken in the Recreation Office beginning the first week of June and will continue up until first week of August.
Travel Soccer Program Information
U9 - U14
All players who wish to be considered for the Travel Season MUST tryout.
The East Longmeadow Recreation Department intends to place as many competitive teams in the Roots League, as interest, number of players, and ability allows. Our objective is to provide players with an opportunity to have a successful soccer experience. Players, both boys and girls, MUST TRYOUT in their age appropriate group.
Late registrants, or those who do not attend tryouts, will be placed on a waiting list. The tryout process will involve small-sided games. Coach evaluations from the previous season will also be considered. ELSA treats each roster as an open roster and roster slots are filled as a result of the tryout process.
TRAVEL TRYOUT GUIDELINES
1. One parent must be present at tryouts, if not previously registered at the Recreation Department.
2. Any previously unregistered U-11, U-12, U-13 and U-14 players, and any parents interested in coaching must bring a 1” x 1” picture to the tryouts.
(Please include name and age group on back side)
3. ABSOLUTELY NO TRAVEL UNIFORMS TO BE WORN AT TRYOUT.
4. Players must have shin guards and water bottle, and a ball.
5. All rosters will be posted at the E.L. Recreation Department.