ELRD / ST. MICHAEL’S BASKETBALL
POLICY FOR PLAYING TIME GUIDELINES
MINIMUM PLAYING TIME GUIDELINES
Minimum of one-half per game (must play at least half of each half)
Approximately 33% per game
Approximately 25% per game
1. Coaches have discretion regarding playing time Guidelines for disciplinary reasons and attendance reasons.
2. In-town coaches at all levels are strongly encouraged to distribute playing time equally.
3. Travel Guidelines are general guidelines for the regular season. There may be occasional variances to the travel team guidelines because coaches are granted discretion, based on game situations.
4. For travel team playoffs, coaches are granted full discretion regarding playing time. Coaches are encouraged to make sure all players receive a reasonable amount of playing time during travel team playoffs to ensure a positive experience for all players.
5. “Equal” playing time means that each player plays approximately the same number of minutes during the game.
Adopted: April 2005
Approved and Revised: 9/17/05