Permits & Licenses

Permit and License Applications are listed by department, below. Some permit applications allow online submission and others are downloadable PDF forms that must be submitted via email or in-person. 

If you have any questions about a permit/license application, please contact the office that is responsible for issuing the permit/license for which you are applying.  

Building Department

Permit/License ApplicationFeeInstructions/Supplemental Materials
Certificate of Inspection

Demolition Permit
$0.10 / sq ft ($50 min.)

Electrical Permitfee schedule

Gas Permitfee schedule

Plumbing Permitfee schedule

Sign Permit$50 / sign
Building Permits forfee schedule
  Additions to Existing Residential Building

  Additions or Alterations to a Commercial Building

  Air-sealing, Insulation, and Weatherization

  Alterations, Renovations, or Repairs to an Existing Residential Building

  Construct a New Residential or Commercial Structure

  Construct or Install a Shed

  Construct, Alter, or Repair a Deck or Open Porch

  Fire Alarm System

  Fire Suppression System

  Kitchen or Bathroom

  Mechanical/Sheet Metal

  Replacement Windows or Doors

  Re-Roof an Existing Building

  Re-Side an Existing Building

  Residential Basement Finish, Alteration, or Renovation

  Residential Photovoltaic Solar System

  Residential Pool or Spa

  Temporary Use of a Trailer


  Woodstove or Pellet Stove Installation

Town Clerk

Permit/License ApplicationFeeInstructions/Supplemental Materials
  Business Certificatesee applicationWorker's Compensation Affidavit
Owner Authorization Letter
  Dog Licensesee application
  One Day Entertainment License$50
  One Day Liquor License$65
  Public Records Requestfee varies

Health Department

Permit/License ApplicationFeeInstructions/Supplemental Materials
  Body Art Establishment Permitfee schedule
  Body Art Practitioner Permitfee schedule

  Hauler Permitfee schedule
Hauler Application Checklist
  Food Establishment Permitfee scheduleIncome Statement, Plan Review Application, Fats Oils & Grease Application, Requesting a Variance, Food Code Standards, Residential Kitchens FAQs
  Frozen Desserts Permit$25Requires Food Establishment Permit prior to submitting application for Frozen Desert
  Mobile Food Vendor Permitfee schedule

  Pool Permit$325
  Recreational Camp Permit$250
  Septic Disposal System Construction Permitfee schedule

  Septic Hauler Permit$50
  Septic Installer Permitfee schedule

  Tanning Establishment Permit$300
  Temporary Food Service Permitfee schedule

  Temporary Housing Application
fee schedule

  Tobacco Sales Permit$300

Planning & Community Development Department

Permit/License ApplicationFeeInstructions/Supplemental Materials
Conservation Commission Meeting Schedule and Submittal Deadlines
  WPA 1 - Request for Determination of Applicability (RDA)1--RDA Instructions
  WPA 3 - Notice of Intent (NOI)1--NOI Instructions
  WPA 4 - Abbreviated NOI1--
  WPA 4A - Abbreviated Notice of Resource Area Delineation--
  WPA 5  - Order of Conditions (OOC)--Amended OOC Instructions
  WPA 7 - Extension Permit OOC
EP Instructions
  WPA 8A - Partial Request Certificate of Compliance

  WPA 8A - Request of Certificate of Compliance (COC)
COC Instructions
Planning BoardMeeting Schedule and Submittal Deadlines
  Form SITE - Site Plan Review1$250Zoning Determination Form
  Form SPRW - Site Plan Review Waiver$20Owner Authorization Letter
  Form SP - Special Permit1$250Tax Collector Affidavit
  Form W - Request for Waiver--Certified Abutters List
  Subdivision Forms
Subdivision Rules and Regulations
  Form A - Approval Not Required (ANR)$70
  Form B - Preliminary Subdivision Plan (SD-P)1$400
  Form C - Definitive Subdivision Plan (SD-D)1$250 (plus $25/acre)
  Form H - Covenant Template--
  Form L - Title Block--
Zoning Board of AppealsMeeting Schedule and Submittal Deadlines
  Zoning Administrative Appeal (ZAA)1$100ZAA Instructions
  Zoning Variance (ZV)1$95ZV Instructions
  1. Requires a public hearing