June 11, 2019
Hartford, CT 06141-0270
As part of our everyday effort to deliver reliable energy to our customers and communities, we will be inspecting and repainting existing transmission structures in the towns of Ludlow, Wilbraham, East Longmeadow and Hampden. Maintaining the infrastructure that supports electric lines is one of the many ways Eversource ensures the safe, secure transmission of electricity throughout the region.
We Are Always Working to Serve You Better
Starting soon, crews from Osmose will be working to conduct ground inspections and repaint existing structures. This is a continuation of work that you had previously been notified of in Fall 2018.
What You Can Expect
Since your property is on or near this work, here is important information about how we will work in your neighborhood:
• Reliable Service: Be assured that this work will not interrupt electric service to your property.
• Proper Identification: All personnel conducting this work will carry identification. Eversource contractors will occasionally be in your neighborhood to tell you what to expect when crews are working in your area. They may leave an informational doorhanger at your home or knock on your door to talk to you about the work. We’re letting you know about this outreach in advance so that you can be confident that the outreach is being conducted by a legitimate Eversource representative and is not a scam.
• Where We Will Be Working: Inspection and repainting activities will take place within the existing right of way (transmission corridor) in Ludlow, Wilbraham, East Longmeadow and Hampden.
• Communication: Keeping the lines of communication open is important to us. Feel free to reach out to us by email at TransmissionInfo@Eversource.com or call 1.800.793.2202 if you have any questions.
• Construction Hours: The hours for inspections are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
• Construction Activities: The inspection activities will include the following:
Overall, you can expect:
− Construction vehicles will be on the right of way, including bucket trucks, though we will make every effort to minimize any impact to your property.
− Associated work may include mowing or vegetation removal around the structures to assist in accessing the existing structures.
− Some hand excavation may be required around the base of existing transmission structures to inspect foundation bases. All excavated soil will be immediately replaced upon completion of inspection.
− When the work is completed, crews will restore areas that were disturbed by the work.
• Estimated Completion: We expect all work to be complete by Fall 2019, weather permitting.
We would also like to take this time to let you know that Eversource will be conducting structure replacement activities within certain areas of this right-of-way beginning in Fall 2019. If your property is near the area of maintenance work, additional information will be provided in advance of the work starting in your area.
Eversource is committed to be a good neighbor and doing our work with respect for you and your property. Again, if you have any questions about this work, please call 1.800.793.2202 or email us at TransmissionInfo@eversource.com. Thank you.
Project Manager -- Eversource Energy