Duties & Powers of the Building Official-
-The building official is hereby authorized and directed to enforce the provisions of 780 CMR in accordance with M.G.L. c. 143, 3 and 3A.
-The building official shall receive applications, review construction documents and issue permits for the erection and alteration, demolition and moving of buildings and structures, inspect the premises for which such permits have been issued and enforce compliance with the provisions of 780 CMR.
-Where it is necessary to make an inspection to enforce the provisions of 780 CMR, or where the building official has a reasonable cause to believe that there exists in a structure or upon a premises a condition which is contrary to or in violation of 780 CMR which makes the structure or premises unsafe, dangerous or hazardous, the building official is authorized to enter the structure or premises at reasonable times to inspect or to perform the duties imposed by 780 CMR, provided that if such structure or premises be occupied that credentials be presented to the occupant and entry requested. If such structure or premises is unoccupied, the building official shall first make a reasonable effort to locate the owner or other person having charge or control of the structure or premises and request entry. If entry is refused, the building official shall have recourse to the remedies provided by law to secure entry.
-The Building Commissioner also enforces the Zoning By-Laws of the town.
STARTING MARCH 1ST, 2018;
- ALL DRAWINGS OR BLUEPRINTS BEING SUBMITTED WITH A PERMIT APPLICATION TO THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY.
- THEY MAY BE SUBMITTED ON A USB, CD-ROM OR RECEIVED BY EMAIL.
- AN EXCEPTION OF THIS REQUIREMENT WOULD BE IF THE SIZE OF THE DRAWING WOULD FIT LEGIBLY ON AN 8.5” X 11” SIZE DOCUMENT.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE,
- Electrical Inspector- Edward La Gue
- Office hours- 8:00 am to 10:00 am Monday thru Friday with inspections until 12:00 pm
- Office phone number- 413-525-5400 ext #1151
- Email- Edward.lague
- Alternate Electrical Inspector - Steven Scliopou
- Plumbing & Gas Inspector - Carl Zimmerman
- Office hours- 8:30 am to 9:30 am Monday thru Thursday with inspections until 12:30 pm
- Office phone number- 413 525-5400 ext #1153
- Email- Carl.email@example.com
- Alternate Plumbing & Gas Inspector - Claude Bisson