- Health Department
- Waste Reduction
- Transfer Station
Transfer Station- DPW
The Town Of East Longmeadow offers access to our Transfer Station located at 170 Somers Road for items that do not belong at curbside. Please take note of items not accepted at the Transfer Station and see below for disposal. Mattresses are being recycled at the Transfer Station, container is to the right when entering.
Mattress recycling is mandatory in Massachusetts
$15 per mattress at the Transfer Station. If you are unable to bring the mattress, there are companies that will accept drop offs and some will pickup the mattresses for a fee.
Raw Materials - 978-730-8266
Greenteam Junk Removal-508-361-0519--https://www.gogreenteamjunk.com/
Gold Circuit Recycling- 413-328-3187, 277 Silver St, Agawam. https://www.goldcircuitrecycling.com
New to the Transfer Station
Compost - $20 per truck load (two cubic yards)Loam - $20 per truck load (two cubic yards)Wood Chips - $10 per truck load (two cubic yards)
Please keep in mind these new services that these items will not always be available, and all depends on our composting and chipping operations at the facility
.It will be on a first come first serve basis and must be loaded by the resident and only one load per customer per week.
These items will not be available to contractors.
Small Batteries and Bulbs are accepted at the Somers Road Transfer Station, please give to the attendant. Because they contain mercury and other hazardous materials, please recycle!
Items that are not accepted can be recycled within Western Massachusetts.
- Vehicle Batteries- AAA Great Battery Roundup Program , Earth911 , repair shops.
- Extra Trash- Purchase pay-as-you-throw bags at local retailers.
- Extra Recyclables- Unlimited recycling for bottles/cans and paper/cardboard at curbside pickup.
- Hazardous Waste- Call 525-5400 x1108. HHW can be brought to NEDT on 190 East Main St in Westfield all year round. Visit NEDT.org or look at our HHW webpage.
- Paint- Dry latex paint pickup with curbside trash. Oil based paints can be disposed at NEDT.
- Food waste and vegetative material- Map of sites accepting food materials
- Propane Tanks- Many retail dealers take back 5 pound steel tanks at no charge.
- Oil Tank recycling- Oil Tank Removal
- Construction and Demolition Waste- Guide to C and D material recycling
- Tires- Most tire stores will take back tires for free. Other resources- Tire Recycling Facilities
- Stumps- Contact any local Tree Service company.
- Used shingles- Call incorporated Industries Recycling Center- 860-242-0150- $15 per half yard, $30 per yard
- Fire extinguishers- MA Fire Technologies- 49 Heywood Ave, W. Spfld Call 800-244-6769 for more info.